Rottie of chicken with potatoes and nuts: presentation
The chicken rotti is a piece of meat based on chicken that is tied to stew as if it were a round. The chicken roti I use today comes ready with its mesh and is made from chicken breast. A meat nothing fat that I cooked just with a little olive oil. They also sell them with other fillings also prepared for cooking, you can even find them in the supermarket already cooked, without heating and serving.
- 2 chicken roti’s
- 500 ml chicken broth
- Nuts (raisins, dried apricots and prunes)
- 6 small potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 100 ml brandy
- olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Chicken Rottie with potatoes and nuts: recipe preparation
- Season with salt and pepper to taste the chicken rottie. You can use another piece of chicken if you find it easier, even prepare a stuffed chicken thighs (here I leave you how to stuff a few chicken thighs easily) .
- Put a good stream of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Mark rottie on all sides until browned. Moderate the fire so that it is done slowly and you will not be burned.
- Chop the onion very fine with a chopper or, if it is not, cut it or punch it with the knife. You can cut it to Juliana if you prefer. Pique also with a mortar two garlic and two sprigs of parsley.
- Once the rotti browned, incorporate the chopped onion. Let the onion suffice. You will see that it is already made when it starts to spark the oil. Add chopped garlic and parsley and let it cook from half a minute to a minute (it burns, be careful not to go).
- Pour the glass of brandy or cognac into the pan or frying pan. Let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add 300 ml of hot chicken broth, potatoes peeled and cut into segments and nuts. If you do not have chicken broth, you can use a chicken broth made with broth concentrate tablets (this is a shortcut, it is always better to use a homemade chicken broth). The remaining broth will serve to add to the stew every time you need it.
- Covered until the potatoes are tender. Add broth or water whenever necessary so it will not dry out. Spin the rottie occasionally so that it cooks well on all their faces. When the potatoes are tender (prick with a fork and you will see if they are and done), you can put out the fire.
Remove the rottie and cut the net that covers it. If you cut a line of the mesh along, you will see that it comes off very weakly if you just manipulate the meat. Cut slices about an inch and serve with potatoes, nuts and some cooking juice.
The nuts I have used come already mixed, but you can prepare your own mixture with prunes, raisins, dried apricots, pine nuts, chestnuts or the dry fruit you like.
If you want very rich and amazing chicken strains, I’ll leave you these 5 chicken recipes to impress here .
This rottie is Nutrave brand and I came home along with a large batch of branded products as a recipe prize that I presented to your Chicken Recipes contest. Honestly, at home we loved it, not just the prize, but also the chicken rottie.